Saturday, August 1, 2009

The House on Tyler Drive


Our house was formerly owned by an elderly couple who had lived here a long time. When my parents bought the house, the woman's husband had died, which is why his wife was moving out. Although we were not told that he died in the house, sometimes people return to familiar places after death.
A friend of mine once saw someone walk past the door of my room late at night when everyone else was in their rooms asleep.
My sister believes her room is haunted. She said that on a few occasions, she heard footsteps on the carpet around midnight. They sounded like they were coming towards her bed from the door. Too afraid to look, she put her headphones on to block out the sound and turned on the light, but no one was there.
She has also heard her door knob shake violently on various occasions. She thought that it was just a joke by one of us, but when she looked out of her room no one was there. She looked through the house, but noticed that we were all outside.
On another occasion, a toy went off in the middle of the night. Our dad had bought us these monkey sling shots, and when you pressed them or threw them, they made monkey noises. Jackie's hadn't worked shortly after she'd gotten it and it had been in her closet on the floor. In the middle of the night, when everyone was asleep, it went off really loudly. My brother heard it and it woke me up, too. My sister was terrified and came into our room, because she was too afraid to sleep in hers after that. In the morning, we found the toy on the floor where it had always been and there was nothing next to it that could have set it off. We tried pressing it and throwing it, but it didn't seem to be making any noise. Upon closer inspection, we realized that we could hear a low screech coming from the monkey, but it was inaudible from far away and it sounded like the battery was close to dead.
In the living room, there is a clear view of the hallway. One night while we were watching a movie, my sister saw a man wearing a hat staring at all of us from the hallway. After a short while, he disappeared.

I've never had any personal experiences in this house, and no one else in the family has mentioned anything, but a few of my friends who are sensitive to ghosts have told me that they thought something was here. I'm glad I haven't seen anything; I like being able to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment